Research Assistant Position Available
Computational Imaging Laboratory at the Biomedical Engineering Institute of Bogazici University is looking for two motivated individuals to conduct their Ph.D. studies on blood brain barrier arterial spin labelling magnetic resonance imaging (BBB-ASL). The candidates are expected to have good academic background, high motivation towards performing research and publishing scientific articles, and a knowledge of magnetic resonance imaging is a plus.
The successful candidates will work as research assistants of a TÜBİTAK 1071 grant developed in collaboration with Acıbadem University. This project is a part of a European Union funded consortium grant entitled 'Developing BBB-ASL as non-invasive early biomarker of Alzheimer's disease (DEBBIE)', that will develop BBB-ASL technique to robustly measure the BBB integrity. TÜBİTAK funded grant aims to evaluate the BBB differences of low- and high-grade brain tumors using the BBB-ASL technique, and compare the results with BBB-ASL measurements of Alzheimer’s disease. This position is full-time and fixed-term until June 1, 2024.
About the position
· Optimization and implementation of the BBB-ASL sequence on a Siemens 3T MR scanner with a 32-channel head coil at Acibadem University Altunizade Hospital
· Preprocessing and analysis of BBB-ASL MR images of brain tumors and Alzheimer’s disease
· Presentation and publication of the results
· Interaction with team members and collaborators of the consortium
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
· Programming skills (preferably in Matlab and/or Python)
· Interest in magnetic resonance imaging technique, machine learning, and neuroscience
· Strong written and oral English communication skills
· Scholarship: 3500 TL per month for PhD; 3000 TL per month for MSc
If you are interested, please send a CV and a record of your past and current transcripts to Assoc. Prof. Esin Öztürk Işık at firstname.lastname@example.org.